The Grand tour of Puglia and Basilicata
Puglia and Basilicata grand tour.
A luxury chauffeured, escorted or self drive holiday in Puglia and Basilicata, to discover southern Italy culture and tradition.The GrandTour itineraries offer the best of both regions, culture and local tradition, a made to measure holiday designed for those desirous to explore southern Italy independently combinig private transfers and local transport, but with the comfort of our constant support, and personalized service, including, along the way, private cultural tours and layover days, with plenty of time for independent sightseeing and fun activities. All itineraries will be customized depending on the number of available days with a particular attention to the client's travel style and taste. Those particularly interested on specific aspect of the local wine and food tradition, can also include, within the tour, specific activities, spanning from wine tasting tours to hands on cookery classes, including leisure walks by the sea, yoga classes, sailing trips along the adriatic coast, painting worksops and more. This unique personalized Grandtour of Puglia and Basilicata is a unique opportunity to explore two of the most interesting and remote regions of southern Italy, crusing from the Unesco site of Matera, to Castel del Monte, from the land of Trulli to Martina Franca and Ostuni, including Lecce and the charming fishing town of Gallipoli, before reaching Otranto, the most eastern town of Italy and Santa Maria di Leuca, the tip of the heel.
Enjoy complete freedom and flexibility on a unique cultural and gourmet private tour.
Grandtour sample tour program
Arrival, check in, briefing, and welcome apritive and dinner.Day 2 | Trani & Castel del Monte
visit Castel del Monte, the first Unesco World Heritage site of this trip and explore Trani's old town and wonderful Cathedral dedicated to St. Nicholas the PilgrimDay 3 | Matera and the surroundings
transfer to the town of stones and explore the sassi quartes and cave churches with our knowledgeable guides...
Day 4 | Matera - Bernalda & Pisticci explore the surroundings and indulge yourself with the local delights...
Day 5 & 6 | Monopoli, Egnatia & Polignano a Mare reach the adriatic coast and explore this two charmin fishing town...
Day 7 | Alberobello & the Itrai Valley visit the third Unesco World Heritega site and its funny shaped trulli houses
Day 8 & 9 | Martina Franca, Cisternino & Ostuni experience the local transport and discover remote hilltop villages at your own pace...
Day 10 & 11 | Lecce & Gallipoli reach Lecce the Florence of southern Italy and discover its baroque palaces and churches with a private cultural walk, before discovering the local recipes local delights at our favourite local trattoria
Day 12 | Otranto & the adriatic coast reach Otranto, the most eastern town of southern Italy and admire the Cathedral's largest floor mosaic...
Day 13 | Otranto & Santa Cesarea Terme explore the adriatic coast with a private boat trip or take a leisure walk along coastal trails...
Day 14 | Santa Maria di Leuca & the local wineries discover the autochthonous grapes and learn more about the local wine production with a tutored wine tasting...
Day 15 | Depart ... or stay to indulge more.....
Campania Puglia and Basilicata Grand Tour also available .
From Napoli to Otranto, the Southern Italy Grand Tour
Campania, Basilicata & Puglia Grand tour also available, from Napoli to Matera, Lecce and Otranto, including Capri, Alberobello and Gallipoli. More ...
Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa
|Start/End:||Trani | Otranto|
|Closest airports:||Bari | Brindisi|
|Price:||pricing available on request|
|Trip style:||chauffeured &/or self drive|
|Trip Length:||tailor made|
Southern Italy Grand Tour's map
Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa
- 3 Unesco World Heritage sites
- Private cultural tours
- Extraordinary landscapes and scenerios
- Guided food and wine tastings with local experts and producers
This trip includes
- Accommodation & breakfast
- private chauffeur
- support of a private guide
- local support for self drice tours
- welcome & information pack
- private cultural tours
- all transfer as per itinerary
- most meals at selected local restaurant
- visit of local boutique winery...and much more
- Please enquiry to know the complete includes list
- The closest airport is BARI, only 45 km south of Trani.
- The GrandTour normally ends in Otranto or Lecce and the closest airport is BRINDISI, only 45/90 km north.
- You can fly to Bari with domestic flight from Rome or Milan; get a car from the airport and reach Lecce with an easy drive throug the motorway.
- For self drive tours the best Car hire rates are available here.
- From Rome Termini train station few daily departures are also available to reach Bari by train.
- Check TRENITALIA time table here.
- Flight & insurance
- Tips, gratuities and everything not mentioned within the what is included list
- Accommodation is provided by luxury boutique hotel & charming restored Masserie, traditional farm houses.